Hit By A Car In St. Louis or the State of Missouri?
Imagine you are walking down the street to go to the corner store, minding your own business. You look both ways before you cross the street and you keep on walking, when, bam, you are hit by a car. Pedestrian accidents like this happen all the time. There are far more incompetent drivers out there than good ones. As a result, it is far more dangerous to walk in a city today than it has ever been and pedestrians have to be very careful when they cross the street.
Each year an estimated 110,000 people are hit by cars or experience some type of pedestrian accident that results in serious injury. That’s more than 2,000 a week! Head and spinal injuries, along with fractured bones, are the most common kinds of injuries experienced by pedestrians.
Have you been hit by a car while walking down the street in St. Louis? If you have been involved in a St. Louis pedestrian accident, you may be able to recover compensation for your pain and suffering. Contact an experienced attorney at The Law Offices of Michelle M. Funkenbusch today for more information.
The threat of serious injury to pedestrians increases more and more each day. With more cars, trucks and motorcycles on the road than ever before, pedestrians are literally sitting ducks to any kind of automobile. Accidents are far more likely to occur, especially when the driver of a vehicle is momentarily distracted or inebriated.
Other kinds of accidents that may befall pedestrians include dropped objects near a construction site. A pedestrian can be walking on a sidewalk adjacent to a construction site and have a hammer or other tool hit him or her on the head causing the pedestrian brain damage. While this type of accident is not as common as vehicle-pedestrian accidents, it is still a valid accident and should be properly researched and investigated by an experienced accident attorney at The Funkenbusch Law Firm.
Kinds of injuries commonly experienced due to Saint Louis pedestrian accidents include but are not limited to:Head injuries Neck and back injuries Concussions Fractured hips and bones Loss of limbs Paralysis
Have you been hit by a car while walking down the street in St. Louis? If you have been involved in a St. Louis pedestrian accident, you may be able to recover compensation for loss of wages and pain and suffering. Contact an experienced attorney at The Law Offices of Michelle M. Funkenbusch today for more information.
Michelle M. Funkenbusch, with 15 years experience in personal injury trial work, will work personally with each client to help them choose the best course of action for their car accident injury. She will personally evaluate each case according to key issues such as:
- Degree of fault
- Nature and extent of injury
- Type of medical treatment required
- Possibility of permanent disability
- Other related factors
PLEASE NOTE: What is said and done immediately after the accident can have a decisive effect on the outcome of an auto accident injury case. As experienced St. Louis auto accident lawyer, I believe that everyone should know what to do when an automobile collision occurs. Remember, what you say can be used against you, so:
- Do not give a statement to the other driver’s insurance representative outside of the presence of your lawyer.
- Do not accept settlement with the other driver’s insurance company without first consulting your lawyer.
Simple rules to ensure your claim can be made:
- Promptly see a doctor or go to a hospital if you are injured.
- Keep a disposable camera in the glove compartment of your car. Take photographs of your injuries, if possible while you are in the hospital as well as at home. (Although these are highly personal in nature, such photographs are true and accurate depictions of your condition, and are persuasive to a jury.)
- Report the event to the police and to your own insurance company.
- Record the name, address and telephone number of any witnesses.
- Notify your place of employment if you are unable to work.
Avoid potential problems, contact Michelle today at 314-799-6602!
If you have been injured in a Missouri car accident, for a free consultation contact our law firm.
For your convenience, home and hospital visits are available upon request.