The Law Offices of Michelle M. Funkenbusch News and Moves
DECEMBER 2012 MONTHLY SUMMARY:
- Funkenbusch was named a ranked triathlete by the USA Triathlon for 2012. She is 1773 out of 21,358 women who participate nationwide in triathlons in her age group. Founded in 1982, USA Triathlon is proud to serve as the National Governing Body for triathlon – the fastest growing sport in the U.S. Olympic Movement – as well as duathlon, aquathlon, aquabike, winter triathlon, off-road triathlon and paratriathlon in the United States. USA Triathlon sanctions more than 4,300 races and connects with more than 455,000 members each year, making it the largest multisport organization in the world. In addition to its work with athletes, coaches, and race directors on the grassroots level, USA Triathlon provides leadership and support to elite athletes competing at international events, including International Triathlon Union (ITU) World Championships, Pan American Games and the Summer Olympic Games. USA Triathlon is a proud member of the ITU and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).
- The Law Offices gathered and donated Christmas presents for families in need as part of the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis’s annual campaign.
OCTOBER 2012 MONTHLY SUMMARY:
- Funkenbusch, as a former President and current Board of Director, once again participated in the PayBack, Inc. Friends of PayBack Party and Art Auction. PayBack, Inc. held its annual Reception and Art Auction at Mark and Cheryl Levison’s historic Compton Heights house. All proceeds from fundraiser event benefit PayBack, Inc. The event was sponsored by BJC HealthCare, Lashly & Baer, P.C., and Datamax. The guests enjoyed an elegant reception with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, and music by Jeff Riley Jazz Suite Orchestra. An Art Auction featured St. Louis local artists Jennifer Hayes, Scott Lokitz, Myles Keough, Crystal Rolfe and JA Chapman. David Shaller, Attorney at Law, was the 2012 Friends of PayBack Honoree, and was a founding Board members of 1983. For more than 30 years, St. Louis Attorney David Shaller has helped families and individual with their legal needs. David Shaller received the 2012 Community Spirit Award Winner, Corporate Sponsorship Award Winner, and Lifetime Service Award Winner. PayBack, Inc. is non-profit corporation specializing in securing funding for juvenile restitution programs. PayBack works in partnership with five St. Louis Area Courts to help children, their families and our community, break the cycle of juvenile delinquency. 70% of the juveniles, who participate in PayBack, never return to the Family Courts as re-offenders. More than half a million dollars has been returned to metro area crime victims by the youth in the PayBack program. Pictures of the event can be found here in the Ladue News: http://laduenews.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=1542554&CategoryID=72747&ListSubAlbums=0&thisPage=2
SEPTEMBER 2012 MONTHLY SUMMARY:
- St. Louis cycling advocate Michelle Funkenbusch finishes her first full Ironman distance race. The 140.6 mile race, called “Redman”, was in Oklahoma City, OK.
JULY 2012 MONTHLY SUMMARY:
- Ranking second on the bike portion of Tour de Kirkwood triathlon, Funknbusch finishes with a personal best 1:22 time.
- Funkenbusch selected by charity PayBack, Inc. to help lead the committee to another successful fundraising year for the Sandmine Challenge charity race scheduled for February 23, 2013. www.sandminechallenge.com
- Funkenbusch completed Ironman Racine 70.3 mile triathlon with a personal record time.
JUNE 2012 MONTHLY SUMMARY:
- St. Louis Trial Attorney Michelle M. Funkenbusch finished Ironman Kansas on June 10, 2012 and is now set out to complete Ironman Racine on July 15, 2012. Michelle is a regular advocate and speaker on behalf of cyclists and pedestrians.
MAY 2012 MONTHLY SUMMARY:
- The Law Offices of Michelle M. Funkenbusch have completed their move to the top floor, Suite 355, of the Executive Center at 8050 Watson Road. Funkenbusch has created an office suite for multiple firms to coordinate efforts and provide support on cases. The Law Offices of Joan M. Swartz is a co-tenant who specializes in representing businesses in corporate planning and disputes and families in complex estate planning and administration work.
MARCH 2012 MONTHLY SUMMARY:
- Michelle M. Funkenbusch was in the news recently due to her attendance in an unusual new healthy way to continue legal education during the practice of law. http://www.saintlouislegal.com/2012/03/local-bicycle-lawyer-attends-spin-class-cle/?preview=true&preview_id=732&preview_nonce=510895d062